Curt Pittman is a filmmaker turned vlogger, who also happens to be a close friend. He came by for a chat on The Plunge Podcast to discuss vlogging, movies, creating films, and his journey to becoming a full-time filmmaker.
If you have an interest in video, or in creating things in general then this podcast is for you. We go very deep on multiple angles of the video world whether it be vlogs, movies, equipment, getting started, or other topics. I really enjoyed the conversation and I hope you do to.
On another note, I’ve migrated hosting for The Plunge Podcast to Simplecast! They have a great interface and I’ll be able to do some cool things with the show beyond hosting. For now, it will just change the audio player on these posts. If you subscribe on iTunes (you should) nothing will change, the show is still available on all your favorite podcasting apps.
- 7:30 – Wanting to work on your thing instead of someone else
- 13:00 – What Curt loves about video, what let him know video was the right thing for him
- 15:45 – Curt’s journey into vlogging
- 18:30 – Memories and vlogging
- 21:00 – What curt would say to those who are negative about vlogging
- 26:00 – Being yourself in front of a camera or on a mic – The only way to get better is to actually do it
- 34:30 – How Curt got a video gig in Africa
- 37:00 – Curt’s first paid client, through freelance websites
- 39:00 – The huge opportunity of stock footage
- 45:15 – Curt’s dream for his video career
- 50:30 – Beer break!!
- 54:00 – How Curt would describe his filmmaking style
- 57:15 – Curt’s favorite filmmakers
- 1:00:00 – Vlogs vs. TV shows
- 1:05:00 – Quantity vs. Quality
- 1:07:00 – Fanboying over Hans Zimmer
- 1:09:00 – Curt’s advice for aspiring filmmakers
- 1:16:00 – Advice for starting something new and finding the time to pursue a side project with a full-time job
- 1:20:45 – The point Curt stopped pursuing money and started pursuing passion
- 1:24:15 – Curt’s biggest struggle in his filmmaking journey – “owning it”
- 1:27:15 – Career fears
- 1:31:00 – The non-profit Curt is working on – “Everyone has a story to tell”
- 1:35:00 – If you have ideas for the non-profit audience or want to get involved, listen and reach out to email@example.com
- 1:36:15 – Rapid fire questions: Favorite editing software, recommended cameras and equipment,
- 1:43:15 – Where you can find Curt
Subscribe on iTunes Thanks for listening!